Updated: November 19, 2020
We are excited to announce that we have re-opened as of June 1st!
In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we have implemented the following protocol:
1) If you have any symptoms or signs of illness, please stay home. Don't try to "sweat it out" or exercise through illness. Symptoms include sore throat, runny nose, dry cough, difficulty breathing, headache, fever (just to name a few). Play it on the safe side and stay home if you are not feeling well.
2) To make it easier for our younger students to maintain proper social distancing, we’ll place ‘X’s on the mat to show students where they’ll train for the class. ’X’ marks YOUR spot!
3) Masks are recommended but are not required when exercising on the mat or when social distancing is in place (staying near your "X").
4) Masks are required when engaging in partner exercises such as ippon kumite, aikido techniques with a partner, or other partner-based drills and exercises when social distancing can not be properly maintained.
5) Instructors will also wear a mask when social distancing isn't being followed or when assisting a student within the six-foot social distance minimum.
6) Students are allowed at any time to step off the mat or step outside the dojo to doff their mask and catch their breath. Students will also be encouraged to drink water during class.
7) Classes will be 5 minutes shorter to allow for cleaning and sanitization of the environment between classes
8) Class sizes will be limited in size to will help with social distancing; we may need to spread students out across different nights so please think about which two nights work best for you.
9) Students will enter and exit the dojo one person at a time; no crowding the doorway.
10) Parents are respectfully asked to stay outside of the dojo to limit the number of people in the training area
11) We require all students to wash their hands, use hand sanitizer (or both!) prior to stepping on the mat.
12) Only one person in the changing rooms at a time. Bathrooms can be used for changing as well. We encourage students to wear their uniform pants and t-shirt to class. Then throw on your tops and belts on arrival.
13) Please take your shoes off upon entering the dojo. The shoe rack is next to the front door.
14) Each student's temperature will be taken upon entry into the dojo.
15) Please stay outside the dojo until it's your class to limit the number of students in the dojo. Once your class is over, please step outside in an orderly fashion.
16) Authorized use of gear only. Includes mits, bags, sparring gear, etc. All gear is cleaned and sanitized after each class.
We’ll keep these measures in place until further notice. We will also continue reviewing the current state of the pandemic and making adjustments as necessary. We will continue to comply with local, state and federal ordinances as required. We want to ensure we are doing our part to defeat this pandemic as quickly as possible. We expect to slowly phase back to a more normal routine over the next few months. We appreciate everyone’s patience, cooperation and understanding.
See you in the dojo!